Monday, August 23, 2010

Our first little family vacation

We took a little road trip up to Edgerton, Wisconsin and stayed at my aunt's trailer she so kindly offered to us for a vacation. We relaxed; Art played guitar, I knit, Lily toddled. On our way home we went raspberry picking at a small little pick-your-own farm, UP Berries, that works on the honor system out in Kingston, Illinois. Once I got home I made a batch of delicious jam :) It was a wonderful long weekend, and it's already a bummer to be back to the regular daily grind!









In Lily's latest verbal development, she says "sure!" instead of "yes" to everything now. A common conversation throughout the day...

Lily: Nuh! Nuh!"
Me: You want to nurse?
Lily: Sure!

Oh, and she's nursing more than she did when she was a newborn, I swear it. I think it had to do with the change of scenery, going up to Wisconsin, but this weekend has been so full of breastfeeding! I'm hoping she relaxes a bit as the week rolls on, but if anything it's good that she has this to fall back on for comfort and security. It's actually pretty comical how much she asks for it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...