Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Free food!

Our local Ikea (Schaumburg) has free meals for kids until the 15th with no adult meal purchase needed! You better believe I was there with Lily today and we'll be going back again soon. I surprisingly enjoy their food a lot, even if it's coming to me in little kid bowls :)

For dinner we had rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods since they're on sale on Tuesdays for $5.99, and that's two dinners for us. I cooked up some collard and kale with garlic and lemon juice on the stove, and roasted some squash, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion in the oven. The collard, kale, squash, zucchini, and pepper were all from our garden! More free food! Okay, I put $100-ish into supplies, seeds, and plants, but that has totally already paid us back in food. I love eating what we grow, and so does our weekly grocery budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...