Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lily's first adventure in finger painting



I was feeling inspired by Meg over at Sew Liberated to entice Lily in a messy art experience. And, well, it was a hit! I looked up a cornstarch finger paint recipe since I've yet to make it to the library to pick up First Art: Art Experiences for Toddlers and Twos (though it's on this week's to-do list!). I found this recipe and cut it in half and modified it just a touch...

1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 tbs sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
Food color
Dish soap

I heated up the water and dry ingredients slowly on the stove and stirred it a ton. It only took about 5 minutes for it to start to set up, and I could tell that when it cooled it would be even more firm. I let it cool off, divided it into two bowls, added a drop of dish soap to each, and 2 drops of food colors--one red, one blue.



Then I plopped Lily into an old t-shirt of mine and set it all out on the porch, and the first thing out of her mouth was an excited, "ooo!" She LOVED it!









I think I might introduce her to some play dough next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...