Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wiener Roast 2010

My grandpa and his family had a tradition of going to the same spot in the same woods every fall and roasting hot dogs on an open fire. The laws of fire pits in forest preserves have long since changed, and my grandpa has also since passed away, but my mom's side of the family continues this tradition every year, and I am so thankful for it. We grill the hot dogs now, but we still take the same challenging hike through the woods around the lake--me even with 21 lbs of Lily strapped to my back. I honestly loved every minute of it, and Lily had such a wonderful time. The weather was weirdly perfect too, even though it looked like it might rain it never did, and we're still getting unseasonably warm temperatures.

IMG_1003

IMG_0995

IMG_0973

IMG_1012

IMG_1014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...