Friday, December 10, 2010

Oatmeal raisin cookies

4 eggs, beaten
1 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups oats

Combine eggs, vanilla, and raisins in a bowl and let stand for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350F. Cream the butter and sugars. Sift the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda; add with creamed mixture. Then mix in egg/raisins and oats. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

I probably made them a bit too big and I still had enough left over to bag and freeze after baking 2 dozen. Both Lily and I approve of this recipe! Above is my modified version (I halved the sugar, added the nutmeg, took out the nuts), but the original is here: allrecipes.com/Recipe/Oatmeal-Raisin-Cookies-IV/Detail.aspx

Note to self: 21 months is too young to understand that cookies aren't cookies until you bake them, though she did enjoy putting the oats into the mixer with me.
IMG_1602

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...