Thursday, February 3, 2011

A successful toddler craft!

I think this project contained enough new ideas with enough old ideas--Lily enjoyed it :)

365 - 034

I busted out some coffee filters and natural markers (I'm sure Crayola or whatever would work fine too). She enjoyed coloring on the coffee filters, I think, because they were different than normal ol' paper. Then I swapped out the markers for a paint brush and small glass of plain water and let her go to town "painting" the filters. This was also a hit! She enjoyed having free reign of the paint brush, and I enjoyed not worrying about where "paint" could get flung.

When she was done I set them flat on the kitchen counter to dry, and once they were dry I cut heart shapes out and glued them to "cards" (i.e. white computer paper that I signed her name to). Valentine's cards--done!

3 comments:

  1. I love using this technique to make sun catchers too :)

    And it works just as well with more than two colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen anything like this - great idea! I'm going to add to My Delicious so I can do this with J in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'm so having Peanut do this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...